Monday, February 7, 2011

The Perfect Periwinkle Dress




I am walking in the cold, and glistening wet night of New York City.
It is The Greatest City, The Big Apple, and The Land of my Dreams.
My eyes dilate like sparkling brown gems,
While I take every step wearing my dark jade green pumps,
Just radiating, just content, just proud, and just strutting.
As I glance after one glamorous store display after another,
I giggle.
I pass by the warmly scented Yankee Doodle Candle store,
I run.
I see the Victoria Secret sweet pink display of delicate lace,
I walk,
I arrive at the unique boutique of clothing,
I glance twice.
Almost unconsciously, I pause my tracks on the glossy pavement,
And my brown gems open more widely as a big tingle of fireworks takes over,
I scream.
It is as if the heavens guided me to my destiny as I see the sparkling display of MY Perfect Periwinkle Cocktail Dress.
In front of me,
Separated by a thin unstained glass,
By a black border,
And shimmering display of colorful lights.
The man who knelt on his knees and asked me to be his forever decides to ruin the moment.
My cell phone is ringing.
I squeal.
Breathlessly, I shout to myself, “He is definitely in for a surprise!”
This is THE Perfect Periwinkle Cocktail Dress,
THE Perfect Periwinkle Cocktail Dress for our engagement party.
(Image Credit to creesandcoedolls.stirsite.com beautiful Princess Diana Periwinkle Wax Doll)

No comments:

Post a Comment